Scattering Ashes at Sea
Many people are now making the choice to have their ashes scattered at sea, either due to a love of the sea, religious reasons or from a past association with the sea.
We offer this service throughout the year from Eastbourne, Sovereign Harbour Marina.
Saying the final goodbye can be one of the hardest moments in the process of grieving and letting go. Somehow, you want to be sure the mood is right, and that the setting is special. You may want time to say important things, perhaps play some special music that has particular meaning, and maybe read some poetry or prayers. As family and friends, you may want time alone to grieve.
Scattering the ashes of your loved one at sea can help you do just that.
You have use of a Motor Yacht and Skipper all to yourselves. Before the day of your passage, you will be asked what your preferences are, and we will build your time around those choices.
Sussexshipwrecks also provides a certificate stating the location and time of ash scattering.
Your experienced skipper will welcome you and your invited family or guests on board, and then cruise to your selected destination off Eastbourne.
At the appropriate moment, you will be left on your own to scatter the ashes in whatever way you have chosen.
- You may wish to toast your loved one in some way
- There are many restaurants in the marina should you wish to carry on the family gathering
- Large and fast stable motor yacht (Catamaran) with on-board kitchen & toilet
- Light refreshments are provided, Tea, Coffee or Hot Chocolate.
- Spacious seating in the wheelhouse
- Bench seating on the deck
- Easy walk on boarding, ideal for the elderly or Wheelchairs
- A sound system for any music you may wish to have played.
- No restriction from tides
3 hours for you and up to 11 guests (12 passenger’s total) £350
(Prices may vary depending on chosen passage)
Please feel free to contact us we will gladly offer any advice and information we can give to make your request a special and memorable day.