In the event of a suspected decompression incident, the casualty will be offered O2 and the Coast Guard will be advised of the situation.
On contacting the Coast Guard the Skipper will follow the Coast Guards instructions.
The Coast Guard instructions will depend on:
- The Coast Guards Medical advisors assessment of the Casualty
- The availability and location of the nearest available Decompression Chamber
- The availability of rescue services
- Boat may be requested to make best speed to the nearest safe haven to meet an ambulance
- RNLI or Helicopter may be despatched to take casualty from the deck